Moving Away From Diets: Healing Eating Problems and Exercise Resistance
Authors: Karin Kratina, PhD, RD,
Nancy King, MS, RD & Dayle Hayes, MS, RD
Second Edition, 2003
5 new chapters, 276 pages
Quit dieting, heal eating problems, learn intuitive eating, overcome exercise resistance and manage weight naturally. Written for professionals, this easy-to-read book is also popular with those who simply want to get off the diet roller coaster.
Clinicians can immediately implement the detailed counseling strategies and techniques. Case studies outline the this approach in action.
Numerous handouts are provided so you can immediately begin using intuitive eating / nondiet in your practice.
Learn how to:
- reconnect with and trust internal signals of hunger and satiety;
- feel more comfortable in the body immediately;
- begin to eat more healthfully without the use of cognitive restraint;
- find a natural and healthy weight;
- overcome exercise resistance;
- decode eating behaviors and body image concerns.
The specific and detailed stepwise counseling strategies will shorten your learning curve and enable you to begin using intuitive eating immediately. Many find they enjoy their work more with this effective, compassionate approach to treating food and weight issues. Appropriate for:
- private practice
- university settings
- managed care organizations
- corporate wellness programs
Moving Away From Diets is an excellent addition to college level course work, appropriate for nutrition, counseling, health promotion and fitness curriculums. It is currently required reading at major universities across the US.
For the Public
This easy-to-read paradigm-shifting book provides valuable information and support for changing relationship with food and exercise. Learn how to manage weight without dieting; heal diet trauma; overcome exercise resistance and learn how to eat when hungry and quit when satisfied. Tools provided will increase awareness and support a new eating style.
- Weight, Health and Culture: A Time For Change
- Metabolic Fitness: A Non-Weight Centered Approach to Wellness
- Health At Every Size, Health for Every Body
- Size and Self-Acceptance: Hating the Body a Little Less
- Loving the Body You Have: Size-Acceptance
- Understanding Disconnected Eating
- HungerWork: Discovering Physically-Connected Eating
- HungerWork: Heal Disconnected Eating
- HungerWork: Promoting Joyful and Healthful Eating
- Joyful Movement
- Advanced Counseling Concepts
- Concepts in Action
|Moving Away From Diets (from publisher)||$40|
|Moving Away From Diets Handouts||$45|
|Eating Disorder Assessment and Treatment Tools||$30|
Moving Away from Diets is ordered directly from publisher.
And free...download handouts such as the Hunger/Satiety Food Journal for your own use, or to use with clients.